Purpose of this tutorial series
- Learn basic concepts of containers, docker and BioContainers
- Get hands to create, deploy and use a BioContainer
- Master the workflow for deploy and publishing a BioContainer in Quay.io or DockerHub
Our education portal is work in progress. So if you encounter a logical inconsistency or just want to ask a question - don’t hesitate to contact us.
For technical queries realted with the Biocontainers specification (questions, suggestions, proposal) Specification Github issues are preferred.
For technical questiosn related with containers (broken containers, containers request) Containers Issues are preferred.
If you find a typo or want to help us to make this tutorial even better, you are invited to click on “Improve this page”.
Concepts in this tutorial
- Containers, Docker, rkt
- Docker containers creation and deployment
- Minimal rules -> conventions and gold standards